Natural Sea Sponge, ~6 inch size
Each Natural Sea Sponge is approximately 6 inches and their shapes are irregular yet roughly spherical.
CARING FOR YOUR NATURAL SEA SPONGE
For best results and to extended the life of your sponges, please follow these tips:
- Wash the sponge with soap and water before first use.
- Rinse the sponge occasionally(depending on how often used) with a solution of warm water and baking soda. In addition to thoroughly cleaning the sponge, baking soda revitalizes its cellular structure.
- Please let sponges (and all bath accessories) dry completely after each use.
For those concerned about depleting natural sponges through harvesting, that is a common misconception. The truth is that by cutting each grown sponge at the bottom, a fisherman or diver puts in motion its natural reproduction in both of the below-mentioned ways:
- The remaining (bottom) part of the sponge will grow to produce a new individual.
- By cutting the sponge plentiful larva is dispersed all around to produce even more individual sponges. In fact it is obvious that fishing sponges helps their reproduction processes and leads to increased colonies of sponges in fishing areas.
I love using sea sponges once I discovered them. I have purchased sponges from this store in the past and was able to cut it in half and have two decent sized sponges for the price of one.
Not this time. Sponge much smaller.
Love , love this sea sponge.